Organic Dairy Farm Tour

GUIDED • Approx. 4 hours • €35 PER PERSON

Intro

Have you ever been interested in seeing what a sustainable, organic dairy looks like? Have you ever wanted to milk a cow yourself? If so, then look no further than our dairy farm tour!

A 25-minute drive from Shkoder we will explore from grazing grasses and bales of hay, all the way through the rearing of the cattle and collection of milk, our guided dairy farm tour will show you every step of the way. We have partnered up with a local, fully-registered and licensed dairy farm to ensure that the educational and informative aspects of this trip are second-to-none!

On the farm, you will see 90 head of cattle, 35 of which are active milking cows! If you are fortunate enough, you might even be present for one of the multiple monthly births. These high-grade Holstein cows (average yield per cow is 24 liters of fresh milk!) are raised on entirely locally sourced grasses (4 different varieties), corn, wheat, and millet; 80% of which are grown right on the farm, with the other 20% coming from nearby. On the tour, you will have a chance to get a truly ‘hands-on’ experience and milk a cow yourself!

A local farmhand will be available to answer any questions you might have, and our English-speaking tour guide will be on hand to translate!


Itinerary

8am – Depart for the Farm (a 25 minute drive, or 40 minutes in heavy traffic)
Tour the grounds and livestock pens
A Q&A with one of the local hands
Return back to your accommodation in Shkoder

*note* Transport is included in the price of this tour

Total Estimated Tour Length: approx. 4 hours


Pricing

€35 per person
Please note: we require a 2 person minimum to book this tour. If you are 6 people or more, contact us for a group discount!


What to Bring

Camera, comfy clothes, and curiosity!